Monday, May 26, 2008

Rocky Summary

Well, bad news again. I discovered what seems to be a cracked head on Wednesday night before the rally, 2 hours after I was supposed to have left for the event. I had an overheating problem develop a couple of weeks ago, and replaced virtually every cooling system component trying to resolve the problem. Too bad I'm not a better mechanic, or I may have diagnosed the real problem more quickly. I'm hoping it's not a cracked block, as I have spent a great deal of money on the block.

We had to withdraw from the rally again....2 rallies, 2 withdrawals...very dissapointing.

We left for Calgary anyhow as my family had made many plans for visiting. I hung around the rally for the weekend visiting with everyone and watching some of the action, and helping with scrutineering. Thanks to everyone who expressed concern and wishes that we were there competing.

The weather was quite difficult for the competitors, and extremely difficult for the volunteers at the event. I think they all deserve a HUGE thanks. Pat Richard won the event in his new 2008 Subaru Sti. Results are at www.rockymountainrally.com

I've got to take the summer off and develop our basement (buying more rally time from my wife). John will be competing with Brian Maplethorpe in the upcoming Mountain Trials Rally (www.rallyBC.com). I wish them the best of luck.

No comments: